You don’t have to miss Cup of Noodle convenience just because you’re vegan.
This recipe brings me back to the days of nerding out all night and wanting an easy way to fill my tummy.
This vegan recipe is oil free, gluten-free, and absolutely scrumptious!
The best part about this recipe is there’s NO-PRECOOKING TIME REQUIRED!
This recipe is meant to be a minimal effort, savory, base that you can enjoy as is but you’re encouraged to add onto it!
What are some custom add-ons , you ask?
- mock meat (prepared as instructed)
- fresh lemon juice
- more vegetables!
Get jiggy with it as little or as much as you want, and make it yours.
There’s a plethora of rice noodle options, I always come back to this affordable brand usually found in the ethnic aisle.
Here’s how I kept my ingredients separate while traveling, but you don’t have to do it this way! I use a Ball Wide Mouth Jar to layer my rice noodles and vegetables in, then I plop my Ball Jelly Jar seasoning capsule right in.
This bonus picture brought to you by my co-worker who was particularly interested in how I kept this recipe ready-to-eat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 3.5 minutes | Total Time: 18.5 minutes
- 4 oz. Rice Noodles
- Handful of Frozen Vegetable Mix
- 2 Tbspn. Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1/4 Tbspn. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tbspn. Salt
- 1/4 Tbspn. Pepper
- 1/3 Tbspn. Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tbspn. Garlic Salt
Preparation Instructions (15 minutes)
- Fill medium sized bowl with hot water.
- Add rice noodles, soak 10-15 minutes, or until semi-soft (the above mentioned brand has Pad-Thai preparation instructions perfect for this recipe).
- While noodles soak, place frozen vegetables in cold water. Mix all your spices in a separate jar/container of choice (I use Ball Jelly Jars).
- Place soaked, drained, noodles into bottom of jar/container. add handful of frozen vegetables on top (I think when it’s YOUR handful it’s more customized for you).
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Cooking Instructions (4 minutes):
- Add water, until desired broth amount.
- Add spices, stir and taste until desired.
- Microwave for 3.5 minutes.
- Enjoy the simplicity of minimal processing.